Holiday season is coming up, and there is no better time like the present to get started with your holiday shopping. Below are ten reasons why you should start shopping early, so keep reading to have a smart and successful shopping experience!
1. You get first pick. As in, you get that “prime real estate” or you are “first” in the “first come, first serve” expression. When you begin to hunt for that perfect gift early, there are most likely more options available to you to choose from. Say you wanted to get a DVD set of The Office for your cousin. Well, if you start searching in-store or online now, there are definitely going to be more DVD sets on the shelf and in the Amazon queue. Why? It’s simple: the earlier you shop, there’s less of a chance of someone else getting to the item that you want first, which leaves an increased chance of that specific item being available. Who knew probability could come in handy at a time like this?
2. The pressure’s off. Instead of desperately running around from store to store praying you’ll be the one to grab the last Star Wars figurine, you will be that person with it wrapped up for your friend already. When you begin shopping early, your plan is in motion, which leaves your gift list shorter, and in turn, your stress level lowers too.
3. You can take advantage of credit card sign-up bonuses. The time is now to look for those credit card bonuses you can get when you sign up. Cash back, airline miles, reward points are all up for grabs when you look early enough for the offers. When you sign up, you can then use those offers while you holiday shop. For example, Chase offers you $150 cash back when you $500 in the first 3 months. Since most people spend an average of $500 during the holiday season, that’s an easy way to cut down on costs. Win-win!
4. Price protection. Lots of early bird shoppers fear missing out on special deals like Black Friday, but with price protection, that fear is eliminated. Many credit cards come with price protection, which allows you to get part of an item’s price refunded if the price drops after they buy it. Citi is one example – they have a Price Rewind program, where they may refund you the price of an item if a better one is found up to 60 days after your purchase.
5. Easier on your budget. Most people would say it’s easier to pay for things over say, 4 or 5 pay days rather than all at once. When you shop early, it’s easier to split up those costs over time, therefore extending your budget for a longer period of time.
6. Saves you time. Shopping isn’t the only thing on someone’s mind when it comes to the holidays. There’s cooking, family time, decorating, baking cookies, you name it, it happens. So, if you check holiday shopping off your to-do list, you have more time to spend with your family and enjoy all that amazing food. What more could you want?
7. No weather woes. Hear me out: if you start your holiday shopping in mid-November instead of late December, you’ll have an easier time getting from store to store because the weather will be nicer (aka: less chance of sleet, snow, or ice, depending on where you live).
8. Gift giving and wrapping made easy. If you buy your gifts early enough, you would have the time to exchange it or get a different model if the person you’re buying for changes their mind. Also, wrapping your presents will be stress-free because buying early gives you more time to do so.
9. Black Friday deals. Black Friday, aka: the day after Thanksgiving is one of the best shopping days of the year. Stores extend beyond their usual weekday/weekend hours, give early bird and close out deals on some of their best items. You can quickly pick up a lot of things in a few hours during Black Friday, which is a huge help when you have many people to shop for!
10. Cyber Monday. The Monday after Thanksgiving is another great deal day because you don’t even have to leave your house to cash in! You can shop in your slippers while reaping all the benefits of 50% off or BOGOs.
Visitors Flea Market is a top spot for Floridians and tourists to find those truly unique items you won’t find in other stores. Located right at 5811 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee. Limitless Bargains lead to limitless fun!